… to the ramblings and rants of a reasonably engaged citizen. These are the thoughts borne out of a thus far varied life as:
- a live-in boyfirend;
- an ex-boyfriend;
- a husband;
- a father;
- an ex-husband; and
- a husband again
All the while trying to make a living as:
- a gas jockey (Yeah, remember when you didn’t have to do it yourself and your oil was checked?);
- a computer operator back when they needed tending and lived in cool cooled rooms with raised floors and limited access;
- a programmer extraordinaire when we had to know exactly where each record physically sat on a disk and do our own overlays in machines with low memory;
- a builder of bizarre electronic things like the guts of pong tables, fancy floor cleaners, oil pumps, diesel controls and nuclear reactor emergency flooding controllers (lots of fun!);
- an IT manager with better than average management skills particularly in light of otherwise lacking people skills;
- a co-op developer and business consultant; and
- a safety trainer.
Sometimes these experiences are relevant, other times not so much.